Monday, May 2, 2016

‘A Boy’s Life’ Distress Ink Storage Box

Hello everyone! Today I have a project for Magnolia Forever challenge to share with you. The theme for this challenge is

To match the theme, I wanted to use dark colour tone for this creation. When I went through the Edwin Stamps that I had, I came up with the idea for this project. I always colour the stamped images with distress ink so I would like to make a box to store them. I had total 17 ink pads (and many more in mini size) so I made a storage box with 18 slots. Since I tend to buy more distress ink pads in mini size, just one empty slot will be enough. I also put my blog’s name on this box because it will be the treasure of my craft room.
Distress Ink Storage Box
The tray on the top is to store distress markers and some re-inker and paint bottles.
I used “Cool Edwin” stamp on one side of the box. The text was generated from computer with Graffiti font. This side represented a young boy who did anything he wanted just for fun no matter it was right or wrong.
Magnolia Cool Edwin
On the other side, I used “Artist Edwin” stamp to represent a man who demonstrated his artistic skills in the positive way.
Magnolia Artist Edwin

Both sides of the box represented a boy’s life. He might have made some mistakes when he was young. But he would learn and discover his strength to grow up to be a better man.

Materials:
  • Magnolia “Cool Edwin” stamp from Sweet Rainbow 2011 collection
  • Magnolia “Artist Edwin” stamp from Little Italy 2015 collection
  • Lawn Fawn “Harold’s ABCs” clear stamp
  • Hero Arts “Brush Strokes” stamp set
  • Die-Versions “Marquee” font alphabet dies
  • Magnolia Vintage Box 2nd Edition die
  • Black Cardboard
  • Studio Calico “Cat” wood veneer
  • Trims from La’boom

Here is the close up for young and old Edwin
Magnolia Cool Edwin Artist Edwin
Lastly, I would like to share my tips on how I store the blending foam for each ink colours. I add Velcro tape beneath each ink pads and stick the blending foam on the tape. However, if you store your ink pads by stacking them on each other, this technique will not work because Velcro tape and foam will make the ink pads not stacking together.
I would like to enter this project to these challenges.

I hope you like my project. See you again next time.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my!! what a fabulous project this is, love these two Edwins and you colouring is amazing. Thank you for sharing with us over at Magnolia-licious Challenge. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute and very useful. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really lovely. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is fabulous! I love the Edwins on the ends, perfectly colored. Thank you for joining us at Magnolia-lciious. Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever! Thanks for playing along with AYLI for this challenge. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome project brilliant colouring and love the images, thank you for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to include stamps in your decor! Beautifully coloured! Thank you for playing along in our challenge at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful creation. thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight.
    CraftyNatalie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a perfect addition to your craft room, everyone should have one! I love your colouring of the Edwins and I think it's just a wonderful creation!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Magnolia, good luck and hope you can join us for the next challenge!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic coloring! Love the way you make the image pop out. Really impressive. Thanks for joining us at NSHK.
    DT-Brita

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...